Most Thronged Beaches in Mexico – Vacationers’ Choice
There are stunning ruins, vibrant cultures, and scrumptious food. Do you know Mexico is blessed with picturesque coastlines fringed with emerald blue waters, sugary-white soft sand, and palm trees? Beaches in Mexico are highly-thronged by beach-goers around the world. These pristine beaches span over the Gulf of California, the Caribbean Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Pacific Ocean.
Top 10 Best Beaches in Mexico by Popularity
Below, we have compiled a list of top Mexico’s beaches by vacationers’ choice.
- Akumal Beach: Not only does it welcome tourists, but Akumal Beach has enchanted locals too. One of the most sought-after Mexico beaches in the Riviera Maya, Akumal Beach is mostly thronged by adventure junkies. Activities like scuba diving and snorkeling give you a much-needed adrenaline rush.
- Playa Las Gatas: There was a time the dangerous sharks used to swim in the waters of Playa Las Gatas. Only 3 miles south of the Zihuatanejo, the white-sand beach can be reached either by a steep pathway or by boat. The beach is known for its excellent snorkeling opportunities.
- Cancun Beach: Very clean and well-organized, Cancun Beach should get a name on your list of the top beaches in Mexico. Spreading 14 miles long, the beach promises crystal clear waters, white sand, and much more. Cancun Beach is a renowned destination for fishing, paddle-boarding, kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling.
- Puerto Vallarta Beach: More of a resort town, Puerto Vallarta Beach enjoys a perfect tropical climate. Its stunning cobblestone streets dotted with bars, restaurants, and shops. Heading to the beach, you will also have a number of adventurous activities waiting. Deep-sea fishing, snorkeling, and whale-watching are some of the favorite pastime activities at Puerto Vallarta Beach.
- Playa Norte: If you have had a chance to look at the pictures of Playa Norte, we are sure you can’t just resist the temptation. Very clean white sand and crystal clear waters along with the palm trees sometimes complemented by bars and restaurants. This is a perfect spot for families with kids.
- Xpu Ha Beach: This is no wonder – the beaches in Mexico are known for cleanliness, great sand, water, and, of course, the water activities. Xpu Ha Beach is part of the Riviera Maya located south of Puerto Aventuras. Simply staying at beachfront Mexico vacation rentals, you can make the most of your beach vacation in Mexico.
- Playa Maroma: Playa Maroma is another popular beach on the Riviera Maya. This is a 2-mile-long beach perfect for swimming.
- Zipolite: For a period of about 20 years, Zipolite was a massive hit with hippies. Also, it was believed to be one of Mexico’s first nude beaches. Today, the beach is more famous among yoga and surfing lovers. There are budget accommodations available in the form of Mexico condo rentals.
- Playa del Amor: Want a stress-free, yet romantic vacation with your better half? Playa del Amor, known as the Lover’s Beach, is a perfect place to rekindle your love for your spouse. If you want to try your hands at snorkeling, this should be the place.
- Playa de Tecolote: Playa de Tecolote in La Paz is one of the most crowded beaches offering excellent swimming opportunities. Families with kids will have a whale of a time. There are local vendors selling specialties like chocolate clams, etc.